Warm Weather and Gambling Win Over Spring Breakers This March
We at KAYAK know spring break is not just for college kids - teachers, families, couples, singles and students are all looking to escape this spring. We looked at more than one billion searches and found for travel throughout March, the heat beats the snow. Here are the most popular destinations by search share, along with how much on average it will cost you to get there.
- Las Vegas came out on top for flights and hotels, with an average airfare of $300 and hotel rate of $139.
- After Vegas, Florida dominated the list of top destinations:
- Orlando (average airfare $302)
- Miami (average airfare $377)
- Fort Lauderdale (average airfare $303)
- Puerto Vallarta stood out as a trending destination - compared to the weeks before and after the spring break season, the Mexican beach city's search share increased by 130%. Getting there will cost you an average of $633.
- The upcoming SXSW
Festival jacked Austin, TX's search share up 127%. Average airfare for those heading to the festival is $375.
If you have yet to book, get on it now; according to our 2012 data, the cheapest time to book is 21-35 days before departure. As to which you pick - Mickey, gambling or surfing - that's up to you. But, if you're like some of us and hate sloppy crowds and bad techno, do yourself a favor and go skiing this year.
Photo source: http://on.kayak.com/Wi0FhC